Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and integrate battery controls and complex drivers for battery microcontrollers
- Embedded development and verification of safety critical software components for the aircraft battery management system
- Participate in the definition and documentation of streamlined software development and verification processes supporting the certification of safety critical software to comply with DO-178C
- Work with systems engineers to decompose item requirements into high-level and low-level software requirements in compliance with DO-178C
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop, integrate, verify and certify complex hardware/software systems
- Foster team collaboration to promote and support personal development
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- At least a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
- Proficiency with C
- Familiarity with safety critical software development standards (DO-178C, ISO 26262, ASIL) to high criticality levels (DAL-A/B or ASIL C/D)
- Hands-on experience through the Full Software Development Life Cycle (development through verification and or certification/production)
- Understanding of communication standards and protocols (RS-422/485, CAN, ARINC-429, AFDX, Ethernet, TCP/IP, SPI, I2C etc…)
- Familiarity with diverse tools and technologies used for the development, testing and analysis
- Experience working on software for Battery management systems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience with modeling tools/certification (DO-331)
- Familiarity with modeling tools like UML or SysML
- Working with bare metal schedulars
- Experience with board bring up and peripheral configuration
- Experience with the HW in the Loop, SW in the Loop or MIL
- HW/SW integration experience
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $ 148,000 $ 185,000 . Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.