Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an accounting assistant to join our finance team and support our accounting department with various tasks. The ideal candidate should have a basic knowledge of accounting principles, strong attention to detail, and proficiency in Excel (Google sheets).
- Download and review reports from SAP or online portals for various accounts, such as Prepayments, Down payment, Leases, Credit card, etc.
- Create and update roll forward workbooks, formulas, and pivot tables.
- Run and summarize SAP reports, such as GL line item, P&L posting, and supplier balances (AP Aging report).
- Help with creating and reviewing accruals and allocations.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies and errors in reports and workbooks.
- Send and follow up confirmation emails to suppliers.
- Review and send invoices to the offshore team and update the tracking sheet.
- Follow up goods receipts with requesters and ensure timely processing, to help to resolve outstanding items.
- Provide administrative support to the accounting department and assist with other duties as needed.
What You Need:
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- One year of experience as an accounting assistant, accounting clerk, or similar role.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in Excel, and ability to use other accounting software and tools.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- This is an on-site position and requires working from our office in San Jose, California.
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $72,000 - $90,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.